We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Camping music? Camping in the great outdoors deserves its own soundtrack. Here are some suggestions for playlists full of good summer songs.
The modern camper knows a stint in the great outdoors is not complete without good camping musichttps://amzn.to/2KPBwaB. Forget Kum Ba Yah; these four playlists are made up of a mix of classic summer songs and some lesser-known tunes that make ideal music for camping. Load them on to the trusty iPod before the next adventure!
Camping Music for the Modern Camper
Playlist One: On the Road
- Life is a Highway by Tom Cochrane. It speaks to the open highway before all of us, tempting us to hop in the car and seize the day.
- Alright by Supergrass. Upbeat and fun, it’s sunshine in audio form.
- Mary Jane’s Last Dance by Tom Petty. There is no better way to welcome the first signs of summer than with this song.
- All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow. The ultimate expression of lazy day optimism.
- Beautiful Day by U2. Nothing beats hearing this song while winding along roads with the sun blaring down.
Playlist Two: In Touch with Nature
Connecting with nature is just one of the many benefits of camping. These songs will provide a little mood music to enjoy the elements by.
- Ripple by Grateful Dead. For the lazy moments a summer day can bring.
- Steal My Sunshine by Len. A one-hit wonder, but an upbeat one that is sure to bring a smile.
- Staring at the Sun by U2. Easy-going lyrics paired with guitar riffs that glide through the song like water.
- A Campfire Song by 10,000 Maniacs. A reminder that the fruits of the Earth shouldn’t be taken for granted.
- Picture Perfect Morning by Edie Brickell. Ponder the beauty of sunrise to this tune.
- * Swap in Seaside by The Kooks if beachfront camping.
Playlist Three: The Energized Hiker
The right songs can serve as an endorphin elixir to get the energy levels rising. This playlist is the perfect way to kick-start a hike.
- Welcome to the Jungle by Guns ‘n Roses. This adrenalin-inducing hit is a sure-fire way to get your energy flying. Special bonus if you are actually hiking through a jungle!
- Ramble On by Led Zeppelin. This tune has been egging people on since the 1970s.
- Supernova by Liz Phair. A blast of a song that delivers energy in less than three minutes.
- Summer of ’69 by Bryan Adams. Perhaps the best summer anthem ever written, this song will inspire plenty of nostalgic moments to think about during the hike.
- Send Me on My Way by Rusted Root—a great song with beats to take you up and down every hill.
Playlist Four: The Snugly Couple
What can be more romantic than a night under the stars camping with your significant other? It’s a cheap date with guaranteed snuggles.
- Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson. A warm and cozy tune to wake up to even if pancakes aren’t sizzling on the griddle.
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) by James Taylor. Bringing couples together for decades, no camping experience is complete without James Taylor.
- Wild Horses by The Sundays. The quintessential cover of a love song that sounds even better when surrounded by trees.
- Cold Little Fire by Mark Geary. This little ditty will keep you warm when the campfire goes out.
- I’d Rather Be With You by Joshua Radin. Smile smugly knowing this song isn’t true about this particular couple.
These playlists are sure to enhance the camping experience. Visit the iTunes store to browse a large selection of music available to download, including the tracks listed above.
other articles you may find helpful:
- The 5 Best Single Camping Stoves on Amazon
- Best Lightweight Camping Chairs on Amazon
- Choosing The Right Camping Equipment for Camping Comfortably
- The Best Kid’s Camping Gear
- Coleman Black Cat PerfecTemp Catalytic Heater
- Travel with Timber Ridge Director’s Chair