Seated on over 1,243 acres of bountiful nature, Perrot State Park lies among 500-foot bluffs and decked between the meeting point of the Trempealeau and the Mississippi River.
There are countless times you want just to relax and not have a care in this world and the features and amenities at Perrot State Park are designed to grant this and much more.
The site features a wide array of historical sightings and resources, nature trails, lush vegetation, ancient artifacts, and breathtaking views. Your time spent at the park will give you enough challenges to satisfy your quest for adventure.
You can engage in so many activities with friends and family and also enjoy some good food while you’re at it. Want to bike on a nature trail with some good music bouncing in your ear? Well, take a trip to Perrot State Park on your vacation, and you will have no regrets.
Camping At Perrot State Park: Paradise On Earth
Perrot State Park offers a natural setting with the opportunity to explore plant life and freshwater bodies. Numerous landmarks also line the grounds of the campsite and enough green space to engage in recreational activities. There are activities open for all seasons, and no matter who you are (even if you have a disability), the park caters to your adventure-seeking needs.
In addition to the numerous fun amenities and activities you can engage in, there are also RV parking spots designed with electricity connections, showers, dump stations, and flush toilets (mainly during peak seasons).
Your Adventure at Perrot State Park
Perrot State Park offers a lot of adventure for the entire family, and it will create a fun experience like no other. You will have no regrets adding this fantastic nature park to your bucket list for your next vacation as you can engage in a lot of off-season and in-season activities like:
* Bike Rides – Whether you want to explore the mountain areas or you want to stroll along the river is entirely up to you. There is no limit on the amounts of sightings you will see and just how lush and bountiful nature can get when you choose to unwind.
* Canoeing/boating along the river – There are canoe rental areas in close range where you can access to get sailing along the Trempealeau Bay. Slowly make your way across the stream as the morning or evening breeze dazzle across your face and create a mesmerizing feeling of inner peace.
* Fishing & Hunting – Get the family down by the river and throw your fishing lines in and wait for nature to surprise you. You may also go hunting with the family (maybe a slight age restriction may apply) as there are various licenses available. Your hunting is not limited and also covers bird-hunting.
* Picnics – Are you searching for the perfect place that provides a quiet environment and serene setting to bond with the family over some freshly baked delicacies and fruits? Well, there are many areas in Perrot State Park that allow the family to enjoy some great food, fun, and games.
* Skiing & Snowshoeing – The winter season has as much fun as the sunny period as you can indulge in various activities like skiing and snowshoeing. However, there is an age restriction to 16 and above for skiing activities.
* Scenic Drives – Are you in for a grand tour to learn more about the history and resources Wisconsin’s Great River Road has to offer? Well, the area makes it easy for one to go for a drive (hours or days length!) and enrich your minds and eyes of the historical offerings of the environment. If you want to make the most of these drives, then going in the autumn period might be more satisfying.
Your “Home Away from Home” Experience
Camping is a must for some people, and Perrot State Park has a lot of resources to complement this vacation activity. Perrot State Park is covered with a lot to compliment your camping experience as their amenities and features are quite flexible to work around.
Just to note, if you desire to camp close to the waters, you will have to book early as these areas are mostly “first come, first serve.” Wisconsin is known for its excellent array of natural land space, so whether you choose to camp out under your tents or in your RVs, you will have no regrets.
Unlike many other campsites across the country, Perrot State Park offers campers access to a lot of amenities such as electrical connections, showers, and flush toilets. Also, in addition to these amenities, you have enough spacing to indulge in your family activities while still having your level of privacy.
Like what you learned about this Wisconsin State Park? Make sure you check out our other Wisconsin State Park Guides Here.
This national park sitting on the grounds of Wisconsin provides nothing less than authenticity as it takes you away from the hustle and bustle of busy city life.
Getaway to a calm and relaxing environment like no other and, in the process, meet and socialize with other camp lovers from all over the world. However, if you are looking for a quieter experience, then the winter would be the ideal season to book your stay as this time has fewer campers around.
There are also close-range entertainment spots you would like to visit (in town) to get your souvenirs, nightlife fun, or even some local cuisine. Perrot State is not limited to creating fun and once-in-a-lifetime experiences for you and your family.
Though the world is going through some level of crisis as we speak, it should not be the sole reason for you to pull the brakes on your plans. It will pass and life will get back to normal before we all know it!