The Best Whimsical Campfire Cupcakes
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
My idea of roughing it is staying at Holiday Inn or Howard Johnson’s…so when I tell you that I am camping for a week, you know it might possibly be under duress. I did agree to the purchase of a pop-up camper and have been watching it eagerly be prepared for our first adventure.
This campfire cupcakes treat is in honor of our adventure…and while I make my cupcakes from scratch, you can easily start with a boxed mix.
This recipe of mine makes 12 cupcakes
You will need:
- 1 box of French Vanilla cake mix
- 1 C whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1 bag of mini pretzel rods
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 package of toothpicks
Directions for cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a standing mixer, combine cake mix, butter, milk and eggs and mix on medium speed until combined
- Scoop batter 3/4 of the way into the cupcake liners and bake for 21 minutes
- Once done, pull out and set aside to cool
1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
2 C powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3-5 TBSP Heavy whipping cream
yellow and orange gel food coloring
1 large piping bag fitted with a medium star tip
- Using a standing mixer, combine the butter, powder sugar vanilla and heavy whipping cream.
- Mix until stiff peaks form
- Scoop some frosting into 2 bowls, 1 for the yellow and 1 for the orange frosting, leaving some frosting in the main bowl to frost the base of the cupcakes
Directions on decorating
In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crust and coco powder, mix until combined.
Add 2 mini marshmallows to each tooth pick (about 12) and set aside
Using a butter knife, frost the top of the cupcake using frosting left from the main bowl
Once frosted, dip the cupcake into the coco and graham cracker mixture
Using a spoon, scoop some yellow frosting into 1 side of the piping bag and scoop the orange frosting into the other side
In the middle of the cupcake pipe a small star to create your flame
Cut the mini pretzel sticks in half and place around the “fire” about 4-5 sticks
Add your marshmallow sticks to the top and enjoy!
Some other articles we thought you might like: